Salamis Auto Repair - Salamis Sucked!

New York, New York 0 comments

They outright LIED about there being only one battery for a Honda Civic!!!$115 for a battery?

Funny, because a few years ago I had a battery put in for $60... $669 for a rebuilt alternator and new battery! When I asked for my old battery to be put back in, the man I was speaking with became hostile and aggressive. Said that he'd be pissed if I took the car without a new battery and it died.

That would hav been my problem , not his! And also my decision; he should have consulted with me prior to putting it in.

DO NOT USE THIS REPAIR SHOP.THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS WHO PAD THE BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Review about: Unnecessary Alternator Repair.

Salamis Auto Repair - Salamis Service Station - Scammers

New York, New York 0 comments

Worst repair service.Car wouldn't start so the owner insisted it was both the battery (which was less than a year old) and the alternator.

Then he quoted a price for the parts that was incredible gouging--4 times the price anywhere else.

When I mentioned I wanted to take it out because others charged less he immediately said he'd meet their price.This seemed fine, but when I got the car back they had lost a hose, and ended up taking my car back, keeping it for two weeks, then giving it back filthy.

Felt like a huge *** from the start.

Review about: Worst Car Repair Service.

Salamis Auto Repair - Sneaky, Disorganized and Untrustworthy

New York, New York 1 comment

On Saturday evening my car stalled out and I had to call AAA, they sent a tow truck from Tony's Towing over and he gave me a jump. It seemed very iffy that it would hold the charge, so I drove it a bit and he followed me over to Salamis (where Tony's Towing is based.) The man at the station was very nice, took my key and I left the car there for an estimate. He told me someone would give me a call when the estimate was complete.

On Monday, I got a call from someone else and he said that it was a problem with the alternator and quoted me $500. I knew this was a gouged price and I told him to hold off on the repair while I weighed my options.

I called an hour later to tell them I'd decided I didn't want the repair done. I planned on junking the car. He informed me that there had been a mix up, and they'd already performed the service. There were two cars similar to mine, and they did the service on the wrong car.

I told him again that I did not want the service and he said that he would undo the repair, but that if he did that, he would charge me nearly the equivalent to the repair cost in storage and diagnostic fees.

Basically, there was no way for me to get around giving them a large sum of money. At this point, the car had only been at the shop for less than 2 days, but they were charging me for 3 days (counting Saturday and Monday as full days.)

The man, who was the owner, called me several times after that, getting in arguments with me. Finally, I ended up picking up the car, just to get it over with. They forced me to pay in cash, and when I got the car back, it looked as if someone had spit chewing tobacco on the windshield.

So, there you have it.

Review about: Unnecessary Alternator Repair.

Comments

They probably spit on the windshield because you were being an ***.

Salamis Auto Repair - I had the opposite experience

New York, New York 0 comments

I got stranded a few years ago and called AAA.Took my car over to Salamis Service Center and was shocked at the size of this garage.

I was driving along and drove over a massive pothole. My two left side tires literally exploded. Upon reaching the garage, I had an estimate in minutes. The guys at the garage even offered me a ride home.

I was so grateful, especially since it was freezing outside and did not look foward to taking the train home. I received a phone call from them the same day. They explained to me that my tires had been replaced but the pothole damaged my suspension. They gave me a price quote, and being the skeptical new yorker that i am, I called another garage to compare prices.

I was happy to see that not only was i NOT being over charged, but i was being charged less.

Not only was my car ready in no time, but they even picked me up from my house, returned all my parts, put my car on the lift, showed me all the repairs that were done, and gave me a NATIONWIDE guarantee for parts and labor through AAA.I was so happy with this place that I have been a loyal customer ever since and have recommended this place to anyone I know that needs any repairs done to their car.

Review about: Left Side Tires.

SALAMIS AUTO REPAIR IS A HORRIBLE PLACE

Robinson, Illinois 1 comment

This is the worst garage in New York!I have never had such a horrible experience with a company before.

The entire organization is completely unprofessional. My car broke down and I contacted AAA. Tony's towed my car to Salamis. After a couple of hours, I called them and they told me what was wrong and gave me an estimate of $650.

Of course a few hours later they called and said there was another problem. I asked how much that would cost and they said $750. They kept my car overnight and my wife stopped by the garage the following evening to pick up the car. She was met by the rudest and most unstable counter woman ever.

There was an additional charge on the bill that I received and the estimate was outrageous. My wife agreed to pay for the work that I agreed to have done but would not pay for the unnecessary work that was added that I did not agree to have done. The woman went ballistic and yelled and screamed at my wife for not wanting to pay. My wife called me and I listed to this crazy woman rant over the phone.

The mechanics in the garage belittled my wife as well and she was forced to leave the car and walk almost 2 miles home in the cold weather and at night here in Queens. I went to the garage the next day and spoke with the managers. I refused to pay the additional work that I did not agree to and by law I did not have to. The work did not need to be done and they just did it to run up the bill more.

Since the law was in my favor, they had to let me go without paying the additional charge. My bill was still over $800, far above the estimate that was given. After the ordeal, I researched the garage online. I came across this website and found that someone else had a similar experience.

I wish I would have read the review on this website before I went to this crooked location.

Review about: Unprofessional Service.

Comments